Monday, July 11, 2005

Let's try this

I'm don't usually think of being in need of a computer, but I've been encouraged to start this for my future travels so all my friends/relatives will be able to keep track of me. Also, this should make it easier for them to communicate while I'm away.

Forgive the typo's, bad grammar, etc. in the future. That's my only disclaimer. Everything else you'll have to blame on me, hold the grudge for another two years, and then bring it back up, kay?

I don't expect to update this regularly, but whenever the chance arises and the connection is available I will post the most recent and relavent events.

For those who are new to me and this blog, I'm about to embark on a trip to Africa for a little over 2 years to serve in the Peacecorps. This is a life long dream I've finally had the blessing to begin. The country I'll habitate is Burkina Faso and I'll be working as a Health Extension Agent. As I write, the explanation of the job will solidfy, but mostly contends with prevention of HIV, malnutrition and working other health related projects. Hopefully, this won't be the only post, but the first of many. Until next time..

9 Comments:

At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I your first Blogger? This is my first blogging?
I saved this to my favorites and will watch it and worry. I know you don't want tus to but we will - hmmm could be because we LOVE you!!!
Teach me some french Laura
Love Susan

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Laura,

I know this is what you wanted so I'm glad to hear it is happening for you. Where are you training and where will you be living?

On another note. Jerry and I have a bit of news. I am three months pregnant. I am due February 2. He is in the desert right now due back in October. I am doing well.

Bonnie Hickey

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! Not to mention a tad envious... I hope you have a nice, SAFE, friendly adventure, and you tell us all about it.

We are going to miss you, but I know you want to do this, and when I think of the people you will be helping, it is hard to be selfish.

Have fun, learn stuff, teach stuff, and come back to us safely.

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura Blog Baby,
I feel so techno-savvy. My first time. I have caught up with 2005. (you know kind of like it took us forever to get a microwave in the 80's) I feel like I've just caught up with the culture.
Thanks for forwarding all the good info so we can stay in touch.
Have a great time and good luck riding your bike in a knee length skirt!
Love,
Margaret

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear all about your adventures! Stay safe. We'll send you mail. Bon voyage!

Love and Prayers
Mary Ann

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura rocks. You make me feel so unbrave (is that a word?). I hope that you will enjoy this opportunity to it's fullest, even though we will miss you so much while you are gone! I'm sure your ability to "roll with it" will come in handy!
love ya!
Jayne & Steve

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,

I know that this is what you wanted to do and we really admire your for going through with your adventures. We can't wait to hear all the updates and can't wait for your to come through Thailand when you are done.
love always
Shawn, Lin and Little John

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another lazy posting by one the sisters...
Hey incase you haven't seen it, you should all check out www.burkinabymatt.com
It is a great website from a former peace corps volunteer who happens to be a great photographer.

As a worry wart big sister -it was very calming to put an image in my mind where you are at.
not p.......
Love Susan

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

How are things? I must admit that this is my first post to a blog also. When I first heard of blogging I believed it to be a dance, but I guess that is clogging. I hope you are adjusting to the culture in Burkina. I'm sure they are thrilled to have such a quality person such as yourself. Let me know if there is anything I can do stateside to help with your work.

Amy Whetsell (tormenter of your oldest sister, the one with all the grey hair)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home