Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

Hey guys,
Just had a nice quiet evening with some friends, as I hope you all had some time to visit with your family and friends. New Years went off quite nicely. I've been hearing some great stories from home and I'm really glad you guys are writing, and I appreciate it.
For those who are wondering if your package came, it hasn't. The mail is still blocked up somewhere and whatever or whenever I get a package I'll be sure to write you a thank you note ASAP.
Been traveling a bit in the last 2 weeks and have had little time to write folks. I'll be heading back to village tomorrow and will begin writing again soon. About my holiday and daily grind. I might post one more time before I leave tomorrow, if I have time.
I am sorry I haven't called that many people for the holidays, but, I really can't afford to talk to everyone for a few minutes. So I chose a couple people and talked for what I could and it was nice anyway. I really appreciate everyone who has called. Phone calls from home are such a booster. I was on cloud nine for 2 days after Bert and Laura called.
I know it's difficult to know when to call because I don't have a telephone in my village, but if it's possible to call me back right after I call you(instead of trying to have a quick chat), it would help keep my phone budget under control and thus I can call more people with the same amount of money.
Once there is a phone line in my village I will call someone who can post it on the blog. I'd love to talk to more peeps, instead of limiting my calls to 1 or 2 a week, so help please help me out on that end. Thanks a ton. Have a great 2006!

1 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Laura! We spent the New Year with movies and munchies. And we slept in really late. The kids had a pajama day. We're working on our annual jigsaw puzzle. I'm going to experiment with sending your package in multiple shipments and see if we can't get something through. But I'll skip the gaudy Christmas decorations. I'm glad you're getting a bit of holiday. I haven't had luck calling you, but I'll try again.
Love and prayers,
Mary Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home