Tuesday, April 24, 2007

When am I coming home and what am I gonna do?

Don't know and don't know.

Just kidding, but not by much. ::-)

Um, officially I'm allowed to Close my service by the Sept 18th of this year. However, since there's about 30 volunteers in my group, they can't outprocess us all at once, because of the ridiculous amount of paperwork that the government expects from each one of us. So the most I've seen leave at once has been 8 in one week. There are some PCV's who have very good reasons for leaving ASAP, and besides missing friends and family, I don't have one. So, I'm expecting to leave here around the first of October. Haven't completely ruled out stopping in Europe for some site seeing with my friends, if anyone is interested in meeting me there, let me know. That leads to the next question......

What am I doing once I get home?
Um, Depending on my mood, I could answer that several ways.
Immediately, I'm going to see my folks hopefully, but not too much later in between the major holidays I would like to visit folks around the midwest to just reconnect a bit(ahem, aka: mooch). Just kidding, I'm really looking forward to see you guys and seeing how you all are doing.
I'm planning on running some short distance races with my sisters within a couple months just to get back into shape. They'll be cold Halloween or Turkey trots, but fun and I don't know where I'll be doing them yet, just that I'll be running next to someone who'll look uncannily like me.
Throughout and after the holidays I'll probably be lookin at different schools I'd like to attend. The things is that, the school could be a technical-training school, like arch-welding, a massage therapy school, which I'm sure you all wouldn't want to benefit from that possibility, and/or a school for art classes. One or the other, or all of 'em. Before that however, i just need to warn you, there will be a Laura-palooza 2.
That's right, you heard it, and now you can lock your doors in advance. I know i said I'd visit people in the midwest, but this trip will include many of the states I visited before I left for Africa and it'll be with a car. A PCV friend of mine here, Jane, is planning to go along on the trip(she said no way in hell are we riding a motorcycle) and we'll be hitting both her and mine family and friends. And just before you guys get the wrong idea, Jane is straight. Nuf said.
It must sound like I'm a complete hippy traveling like the wind both before and after my PC experience in Africa, but...that's too bad.
I'm looking at schools in the midwest and am thinking about Iowa and Wisconsin right now, but we'll see how schools and opportunities arise. Not rushing back into things, as you see, but want to do things I haven't done yet.
That's enough for now. Hope this finds you all well and good.
Oh!
Before I forget, I just got a great package from David. It's really cool and some of the contents are crazy but with a nice switch. I'm going to try to make sushi with the octopus and the mussels you sent. I'll let you know how it goes. The cappucino is really cool too. Thank you guys soo much! fun stuff.

Take care and hopefully will write again soon.
L

1 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can hardly wait for you to come back Luscious! Interesting you should use the word "mooch" for your travels. I can give you many hints on how to pull off a good mooch tour!
ur biker buddy,
Crash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home