Sunday, September 11, 2005

Hey, Guys!

I am so proud of you guys! After seeing all the help keeping this site up, my letters will keep coming. I talked with my mom yesterday and she got me a little up to date on the blog and everyone's involvement. It takes a long time for me to write because the keyboard is set up for a french typist so not all the letters are in the same place on the keyboard.
I was getting a little worried about not getting any mail but now seeing all the traffic, I know I need to be a little more patient. I have been out of email contact until today, I'm currently in Ouaga, the capital. I'm looking forward to all the promised packages and goodies. I heard about New Orleans on BBC radio and have been trying to keep up with it since, but I would love magazine or articles on it.
I hope everyone is doing okay where you are at and I would love to hear from all of you even if it's a post-it note. I will probably be out of contact again for a month or two again after this week. But please continue to help me post and inform all my friends on my slow goings-on here in B.F. Miss you all a ton, and I hope you all are safe, take care.
Stuff I would like to have sent; if possible:
Peanut Butter
Old news magazines
protein bars
new photo's of folks
a decent kitchen knife
Calcium suppliments
Gatorade
scented candles

C'est tout; Merci Beaucoup!

4 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, sent snail mail last Monday, Sept. 5. PO says it will take 4 to 7 days for a letter. This Tuesday, Sept 13, I am sending compass, power bars, chocolate from Bert. I'm including m&ms, candy, calcium and a couple of towels.
jj/ky

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,
I mailed the last 3 Newseeks (incl Katrina cover) and books, beef jerky, peanut butter, choc frosting, and candy (plus some other surprise goodies)
Margaret

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,

I will be sending Last two covers of Time. I will also try to get a copy of the NY Times

Bert

 
At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,
We sent a package containing rice krispie treats,special k bars, lipton cup a soup's, gum,hot cocoa and a letter on sept. 21st and express mail said you received it oct.7th?! I hope.
Joe and Kerry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home