Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Answers to some more questions

For Joy Jean:
Yep, I'm going to keep the same mailing address for a while, however I won't be able to check it that often. Like once a month. So if you really need to get a hold of me, keep trying the cell phone on the hours I posted. I will also be unavailable via email for the same reason. I have a post office that's 30 miles away that I will try and continue sending letters from, but I don't trust leaving packages there for very long, so I'll continue using the peacecorps office address for now.

My daily life will probably alternate between biking amongst several villages during the day and working within the local clinic, filling out forms. Potentially working with local schools and committies on teaching about AIDS. Stuff like that, maybe teaching English on the side.

For Kurt Kulhavy,

Packages do tend to get here in decent order, many of mine have been opened, I believe due to customs, but nothing noticeable has been taken. For example, the package that held my Ipod, was torn to shreds and retaped, but it still had the Ipod and all the attachments in working order. So,...there you go.

For Ashley:
I haven't had a lot of time to go exploring. I have gone on a few walk abouts for half a day, but nothing extreme. It's too hot. I did see a croccodile on one them, though. It's a bit of a different feel when you're in their native inhabitance and there's no cage between you. I took a photo and used the zoom to the fullest extent, trust me. Where I'm at, there's not a lot of dangerous creatures that are cool. There are a few parks reserves with Elephants, carabou-type creatures and some giraffe, but not a lot. If some folks come to visit we can do that, and I'll make you pay for it. :))
I do plan on taking some leave and visiting folks around Burkina and countries of Western Africa, like Ghana and Mali, both of which I've heard some great things.

Thanks for sending some great letters and packages folks, they mean a great deal and I feel slightly unworthy of all the effort you've put in. You're truely cemented in my heart. Until, next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home