Saturday, November 26, 2005

For the next month

Hey guys,
I won't be able to check mail until Xmas, but I'll trying to get out Xmas cards as soon as I can within the next week or so, they may or may not have an actual card inside them, however, think of it as a surprise...anyhoo.. My schedule for the next month will consist of touring the satellite villages giving vaccinations one week and then 2 weeks later giving education classes. I'll also be working with the local high school and talking with the kids on sex and AIDS. Last, not least, I'll also be trying to integrate into the community(without killing any children. ;-)° )
I will try to make phone calls to people on Sundays, but my time available to isn't very convenient for folks who like to sleep in so, in advance, SORRY! Expect a call at 0600-0800, I don't have the telecenter # on me now but I'll post it so you can call or understand the person calling you at the but-crack of dawn is me. :-))
Better sign off for now.
Oh, books, I recommend:
-The Book of Flying-very lyrical and sweet, very lite read
-Isaac's Storm-excellent description of the powerful hurricane that wiped out Galveston TX and the blunders of bureacracy.
-Dark Star Safari-if you want an excellent description of the state of Africa today.
-Running With Scissors-Laughed out loud too often with this book for the natives to be comfortable.

oops, gotta go

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home