Friday, March 10, 2006

Hey Campers!

It's been a while since I posted personally, but I've been a bit lazy with that and some letter writing so thanks for your patience. Quick and dirty of what I've been up to for the last month.
2nd week of February I went to Ouaga for a week of training with fellow volunteers of my class to reflect(bitch) on our times in village so far. Actually a pretty productive week that flew past with sessions and visting friends. At the end of the week we put on our own version of Mardi Gras and toasted up the holiday quite nicely. It was made even sweeter by an excellent Cohiba Cigar, complients of Bert, and a bottle of Jack Daniels I found, luckily. Very ice week overall.
3rd week of February I headed up to Gourcy again to visit and reconnect with my host families of training. It was a nice short visit that pleasantly surprised everyone I saw. I plan on another visit in June.
The last week of February and leading up to now I've been in village preparing for a local bike-a-thon campaign that is supposed to remind and educate people on prevention of AIDS. A bunch of volunteers will be coming to my village and helping out with the event. It's conveniently programmed to occur on my birthday. ;-) I know, it really is just a pathetic excuse to have people visit me on my birthday, but the ploy is working so far. :)

Overall the last couple weeks in village have been blessedly buzy and relatively productive, so I've been pretty content. It's odd not to hear the expected rant, but be sure there's plenty more to come in the future. I have written a solid one and sent it in the mail just recently so enjoy! But I don't think Susan, my sis, wants to post it. :)

That's it for right now, I'll try to post a little more later on the excellent packages I finally recieved from Xmas. They were soooooooo good. Still recieving ones sent originally in November.
later

1 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome to hear from you! You sound so perky after all your socializing. I'll try to get something in the mail for you birthday. Maybe you'll get it before you get home in June!

School fundraiser tomorrow. Spring break is coming up. No big news. Take care!
Mary Ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home