Tuesday, March 07, 2006

To Mom & Dad - Jan 30, 06

How has the weather been holding? This last week has turned humid and there's actually some cumulonimbus clouds in the sky teasing the idea of rain. As you can tell my ability to spell has fallen off drastically.

This month and the next are supposed to be the coolest months of the year yet. In March, it's supposed to turn warmer and in April and May, positively sweltering. I'm not looking forward to that timeframe at all. I'm afraid I might literally melt. Of course, immediately after that I'm planning to head home for the wedding. I believe I may need a parka while in Wisconsin, my blood will have thinned so much:) Forget about getting in the water.

The package you sent was really great and restocked my pantry for a good 2 or 3 weeks. I was pretty happy to see the box and letters from you guys. The calendar has already been but to quite a lot of use to help explain long range plans I'd like to do with the community.

Today was a pretty good day overall. Got a few things done that needed to be done. Had a meeting with all the staff of the clinic that went well. Afterwards we played a little soccer just outside the clinic. The chief nurse brought everyone some cooked meat to share. It was nice. They were all quite surprised I could juggle a ball, but I was hindered a bit with an in-grown toenail. Today was a decent day and hopefully tonight, I’ll get a good night’s rest to finish it off.

Next morning: Nope, not so much of a good night’s sleep, but today my supervisor is coming to visit and she’ll be talking to the chief nurse and my counterpart, the secondary nurse, along with the health committee. I’m not sure how long she’ll be staying so I’m going to head to the market to buy some stuff to prepare for lunch, just in case. I’ve been kinda looking forward to her visit, mostly just for a break in the monotony. Her arrival is an event in my calendar and thus something to look forward to, despite if it’s a good visit or bad.

In another week or so, I’ll be heading back to Ouaga to have some more training. Mostly the week will be filled with a bunch of bitching and moaning of the problems and frustrations everyone’s having in village. One long week of venting, which should be nice:) I’m mostly looking forward to the social interaction, obviously. I know after that week my French will be worse and my Moore all but forgotten.

Take care and see you in June!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home