Friday, March 17, 2006

Hey kids

I just returned from a pretty cool training week doing sensabilizations in villages on AIDS. We stayed in a central larger village and biked out to different villages with our Burkinabe counterparts and staged sessions on AIDS for the local villagers. In the afternoons we had class(mostly for the Burkinabe) on how to do your own AIDS awareness training and how to work with NGO's(non-governmental org's, namely people like Plan International) Anyhoo; I thought it was some valid training and got a lot of prep work done for my own Bike-a-thon of sorts.
My Bike-a-thon(BAT) is on my birthday and I'll be inviting a bunch of volunteers to come down, do some of the same session we did with the villagers and then end everyday by drinking quite a lot of non-alchoholic beverages.....he he, just kidding. It's a pathetic excuse to get people to visit me, I know. You guys are invited too, really, come on over. ;-)
Thankfully the local BAT is keeping me busy and letting March slide quickly by. It's almost been 8 months and I wanted to thank all you guys for keeping in touch.
I just recieved a package from Lee and Steph(thank youuuuu!), and it was dated the 3rd of March, so I guess whatever problems with the mail have been cleared up. The phones are still a problem however. Seemingly, I can call out easily enough, but you can't call in, or at least not very easily. All I can say is keep trying and if I happen not to be at the telecenter, usually my friends come and get me and I'll be there within 10 minutes. I better send this off, Take care and keep in touch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home