Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Kights Letter 12 9 06

Dear Kathy, Donnie & kids

Just got you're awesome package. Thanks so much! The chocolate was very much appreciated by many volunteers here. I used the Swiss rolls as pick-me-ups during our quarterly volunteer advisory committee (VAC) meeting. There's one volunteer from every sector & class & try to represent our classes ideas and views on relevant subject matter. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's really frustrating to work w/ the administration when they consider you like children. There's several people here who've had previous careers like me and are flabbergasted at how much the administration brushes aside our views, but at least I was respected. I feel like a teenager sometimes w/ this office.

Ah, well, you can say you live like Dilbert, I can say I work w/ big brother. Who's got it better? Who knows? I'm glad to hear, in general, things are going well for you all. Sarah sounds like she's becoming a bit more adventurous, and that's good. Kenny sounds like he'll be a force to contend with. I'm sure they've both changed so much since I've seen them last. Hopefully, (I haven't decided yet) I'll see them at the cottage next June, if not the following Xmas or Thanksgiving.

About our fitness challenge/goal. I think Mary is going to do it too. If all of us, Susan & Margaret too, did it, it'd be really fun...We could get t-shirts saying "Speedy Sisters" or something. Just conjecturing. Seriously though, I think you can do it. There will be days when it will be easier not to go for a walk or jog for that 30 - 60 minutes, but do it anyway. You'll start to see the difference, not just physically, but mentally. You'll feel better about yourself for doing it. You don't have to look or be perfect, you just have to do it. You may be wondering why I asked you to do this with me. It's not because I think you're overweight and should get in shape. Honestly, it's not. It's just I see you and Mary taking care of everyone else in your families. I want you guys to do something to take care of you. Something that's good for you and in turn your families. That's all. I really hope we get to do this when I get back. Now we just got find a race that'll be run about that time near us. If not in November, maybe we could push up the dates to next June for when I'm home. What do you think? Let me know.

Just to answer your questions about the Moringa tree. The reason it hasn't been picked up, but maybe in the future, is because it can't grow in Europe or the States that well. It's too cold. It really needs hot, wet weather, near the equator. There is a company that just started making a nutrient drink with it, but it obviously not gained popularity yet. In maybe 5 -10 years it will, I believe, really catch on.

Okay, that's enough from me. Thanks again for the great care package and letters. Hopefully you have a great holiday season! Take care & hopefully talk to you soon.

Love Laura

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, it is really nice resource. I think, i'll see this site again.
- lcurvey.blogspot.com n
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home