Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Hello, back again

Surprise, Surprise I'm back again, but just for some additional thanks and info on my ghana trip. Hopefully you all are having a blistery winter like we are here. ;-)Yep, it got all the way down to 60 last night and I had to put on a sheet AND a towel for cover to keep warm. Pretty frickin cold if you tell me. ;-)

Okay, I lucked out again and got another awesome package, this time from my folks who sent all sorts of goodies for Xmas. The real kicker that I've been showing off to everyone that I've seen(including the janitor) is the photo from the June wedding of my cousin, in which nearly everyone on my mom's side of the family attended. It's an awesome photo of everyone and I was really tickled to get it. Plenty of art supplies to keep me buzy, so I'll take the hint to get buzy. :-)
Oh, for those who recieved sketches this last batch, feel free to post them if you have the ability.

umm, kay. Today was super buzy and I'm still needing to do things tomorrow before heading back to village. But today dealt with doing alot of logistical things for our Ghana trip coming up. i.e. visas, transport, hotels, etc. Not everything is solid but in better condition than before. I also did some work that's been waiting for my village in regards of copying info and preparig letters and such. Pretty boring, really, but the necessary stuff for training.
I also picked up a chest that I ordered from a Taureg. It looks pretty good actually, except for a little change I want to do to the drawers. I think it'll be really pretty to have. I'll take a photo after it's all done and post it.

More on the Ghana trip. My intention in going in really pretty simple. Go the beach, relax, look at the water, eat some lobster as often as possible. Come home. Some of the other volunteers, a little more spry than me, are planning to explore the sites and really soak in the sites. I have to admit, this time around, I'm not too interested in doing that. I might grow some interest when I get down there, due to the historical signifigance of the area because of slavery, and I might just want a lobster. Who knows. From what I heard, Ghana is really pretty so I'll take photo's there too for you all. After those photo's of course you'll probably stop feeling sorry for me and stop sending me goodies, but I'll run the risk. :-)

Another update, I've been elected onto another committee, ironically, called the AIDS Task Force(ATF). It's being implemented to help reinforce activities agains AIDS throughout every sector of PeaceCorps Burkina. A fellow PCV, Jaime, is helping me set up the committee. The funny thing, for me, is that the name of the committee is so militaristic, I can't help to think we should all come up with ridiculous titles for our positions within the ATF. I'll call Jaime, all omnipotent chief general of the world, while my title is Master Commander of all that is kind and good. What do you think? Too much? Ah, well. I can always be a warlord in my village, when I get bored.

Well, that's enough drivel from me. Hope you guys are doing well, and hopefully I'll get the rest of the letters out soon. Later
L

2 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - hope you enjoy your trip and get to relax on the Beach! We miss you! Did you ever get our cards?

Love,
Adi and Rod

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!
We have a new computer now and able to keep up w/ news again. Did you receive our package it was send 12-8-06.

Love,
Joe and Kerry, Cameron, Christine, Joey Curvey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home