Saturday, October 22, 2005

Hey kids

Yep, you can now call me a Volunteer. Last night went as planned and reminded me of quite a few of the same deals I attended, begrudgingly, in the military. Pomp, circumstance, and anticlimatic. I did, however, dress in traditional Burkinabe garb and all, and I went for the most obnoxious colors I could. When the photos get developed(hopefully), you'll see me no problem. BAM!

I had a good time, and am glad it's over. Monday I head to my site to be dropped off and left by myself, essentially, for the next 3 months. I do get one weekend a month to check my mail, etc. in Ouaga but no leave is allowed. The recent bummer, however, is my nearest neighbor just got Administratively Separated(sent home, and honestly for no good reason, which is part of my current beef with the Admin here, but I digress) and I now have no other PCV's within 160 kilometers of me. Yep, I'm really out there. So I hope folks keep on writing and posting letters as before, thanks for keeping it up!

A friend of mine had a good suggestion about helping her friends figure out what to write her about while she was here. I'm going to ask some general questions and you can write about them in your letters if you get stuck. Okay?
1. What book are you reading now?
2. What is the best book you've read lately?
3. What is the best movie you've seen recently?
4. What meal have you made recently that sucked/rocked?
5. What new music are you listening to?

Mkay, go. Do what you can with these and if you have other stuff you'd like to share and you don't want anyone to know. Feel free to tell me. I'm in Africa, I CAN'T tell anyone. A true asset in a friend. ;-)

gotta go, Tomorrow will be my last post in a while, hopefully all the letters I sent recently have been recieved and will soon be posted also. later
L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home