Friday, March 31, 2006

Letter to Mary&Jeff - Feb 27, 06

I hope you guys are doing well and that school is going well for the kids. I'm glad I got to talk to you despite having to wake you up to do it. It's kind of fun to talk to people at that time of day. People's responses are less censored:)

I just returned from some in-service training and I feel much more relaxed upon returning to village. The first 3 months were a hard adjustment and everything I seemingly tried didn't work. Well, now that I'm back, I'm more prepared for everything to not work and try other ideas instead.

Also, even though it's still over 3 months away, vacation in June back to the states doesn't seem so far off and impossible. I've bought the ticket and now I have another goal and reason to stay. The ticket was too damn expensive not to use.

So far my time in village, this month, has flown (relatively) by. March, I hope, will be the same. I have a couple bike-a-thons against AIDS that I'll be doing and these should be fun. I'm trying to put on one locally and really hope I can get it done with other volunteers coming to help. Wish me luck. I really want this project to work.

My schedule has become pretty busy, but I'm trying to keep up the folks at home. I miss you guys a ton and I hope you're jobs are going well too. I haven't had a bunch of time to reflect on my last month, but the best I can say it, today and this week have been pretty good and I'm hoping it continues for a little bit longer, before the spell breaks. I'll let you go for now. Take care and see you in June.

Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home