Saturday, July 01, 2006

LCupdates

LCupdates
Letter to Kurt and Debbie
(sent May 2, but not recieved until late June. Slow mail strikes again)

Today I’m burning time at the pharmacy of my village clinic, watching people come and go and Salif, the pharmacist, keep the books. He is not like the pharmacists at home, he’s more of a checkout clerk at a Cosco. He has the supplies but he doesn’t know exactly what he is selling and for why. He just looks at the written prescriptions and hands out the requested items and collects money. The book keeping all of the items is probably most difficult to keep track of cause he has about 4 books that supposedly track the inventory, sale, and receipt of each item. It’s quite involved, especially since he has to handwrite all of the inventory receipt and sales of all items in all of the books. I would hate his job.

The weather the last couple of days has turned heatedly ugly. Last night I played a little soccer as goalie and just standing there I was pouring sweat. I took a shower , hot unfortunately because the water had been heated by the sun all day, and I could feel myself sweating as I dried my self off 3 or 4 times. Finally I resorted to baby powder. Dousing myself of talc I was finally able to slop my clothes back on to head outside while I continued to drip of perspiration. By this time it was 7 pm at night and the sun had been down for an hour. No wind was blowing and the heat was an unrelenting wool blanket. After the 1st hour of sweating I finally just got used to it and relaxed in my own puddle. What a wonderful picture, but my hair didn’t dry until well into the night.

Sorry for this mundane letter my schedule has become such since the bike-a-thon and lack of things to fill my time. Ill try to call you guys in a couple of weeks to see how you are doing. Hope the weather has improved for good riding. Miss you and hope to see you in June.
Always,
Laura

Note from Kurt- I did see Laura in June and we had a good day riding from Chicago to her home town Taylorville.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home