Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Letter Sept 21

This is a letter to the Hedlund's.

Things here are evening out and I got your letter today, which brightened it considerably. For a while there I was getting pretty bummed because it seemed like everyone had gotten mail regularly and I had yet to receive anything. It was pretty disconcerting. Up until your letter (3 others arrived the same day), I had only received a letter from Mom. After mom's 1st one, I went to Ouaga, got on the internet and saw all the posts and activity and I was really relieved. Now, I hope all the posting continues and the mail will start to arrive a bit more regularly. I know I'll need it when I'm initially at my post because I'm not supposed to leave it at all for the first 3 months. It'll definitely be a test of my endurance then. You can expect a bunch of letters from Oct-Jan timeframe.

I would love to hear from you guys regularly, but I know you're busy. If you can send a letter at least once a month or more, that'd be great. I hope your work is going well too.

Since I've visited my site, I'm pretty pumped about learning more French and Moore to communicate with everyone. Wish me luck with that. I'm shooting for getting back on email sometime in late October, so hopefully this will be posted by then.

Right now I'm sitting in my hotel room getting ready to pack for the road again. Heading back to our homestay villages tomorrow for a week and I won't have access to a post office for a few days.

I've been remiss in my letter writing too. I've been traveling quite a bit every few days, but now that people are writing, I'll continue to write too and regularly.

Ooops! The power just went out so I better end this letter. Take care, miss you and hopefully see you soon!
Love, Laura

2 Comments:

At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,
I think everyone would agree that we'd love to see a picture of you with your new short 'do!
More letters are on the way! Hopefully you've received a few packages by now too!

Does anyone know how to get rid of the advertising posts???

Mary Ann

 
At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! This is Andrew. How is in Africa? I hope you are OK. Write back soon! Hope you got our package!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home