Saturday, April 08, 2006

LCupdates

LCupdates
Letter to Susan March 6, 2006
Lately my schedule has been fuller, so my time for refelction(or bitching , some would call it) has grown a little more scare.
When I think upon the bad days or scenes that I've regarded, I can't help but remember the lack of feeling I've had. That singular distinction has me a little worried. A dead, or dying, child should be able to register on a normal person's emotional register, why not mine. Maybe it's a well practiced repression that I've attained here and the emotional side won't surface until later.
The fact I receive no physical affection or contact outside a handshake may be an indirect part of it alos. Sounds weird, but let me explain. The fact I don't have any physical form of affection while in the village and thus staying physically away from everyone, it helps me stay emotionally seperate also.
While I'm with other volunteers, I have a feeling they experience somewhat of the same seperation, because while we're together, we're all very physically affectionate, platonically most of the time. Plenty of hugs, backrubs, lap-seats, sharing pillows and playing with hair. I thinkit's to make up for what we don't receive in the village.
Honestly, I am more emotionally attached to the volunteer friends I have tahn anyone here in the village. maybe, after a while that'll change but I don't really see it.
Just a meandering, I thought I could explain my dettachment.
How did that interview turn out? Do you know if you got the job? Ignore the writing at the bottom of the page,this notebook is from Andrew and Michelle. cute eh.
I hope it doesn't sound liek we have orgie, once we get to gether, we don't. Hell, I haven't even done any marijuana yet, at least no one's offered. However, whenever I tell people That I've never done any drugs except alchoho; + cigars, they are quite amazed that I made it to 30 w/o trying anyhting. I guess I'm just an old lesbian prude. :) I want that on my tombstone -"Old lesbian prude" -that's all. That would be great to have in a cemetary.
"Where's the mayor's grave?"
'Just go down untill you get to the 'Old Lesbian Prude'; take a right and he's the st one on the left' :))
Good times. The tombstone should be carved in the shape of a toaster-oven or a pair of comfortable shoes ha ha Sorry another meander.
I'll let you go, so you can decipher the writing below. Take care nd see you in June
Love Laura
p.s. I almost forgot the reason for writing this letter to begin with. Thank You, Thank You for the outstanding care package. Everything in it is kick ass. All the chocolate, I'm taking little bits at a time and sharingw/ other volunteers. Thanks so much. It will reallbe well used and eaten. Great Stuff!

Editor Note - Laura told me she's tired of the taste of water - so SUGAR FREE drink mixes are high on her list.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA April 10th!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home