Friday, July 28, 2006

Later and better update

Hey guys, I just read Dave Norwood's question regarding my mailing address. It hasn't changed, but here it is again.
Laura Curvey
S/C Corps de la Paix
01 BP 6013
Ouagadougou 01
Burkina Faso

Thanks for any "mouthwash" available. ;-)

Recent going on's have been numerous. Since being back in villag, I've been busy growing Moringa trees(pictured below). These tree's are amazing. The leaves of the tree are literally like a multivitamin, and the tree's powder from grains can filter and purify water. That's just a few things that are amazing about this tree. Search for more info about it on the web for details. This project is really exciting with it's potential and so far the reception in village has been really positive. So I'm pretty stoked about it.

I just got back from a girl's empowerment camp in the northern part of the country. Some friends of mine put it on, I attended to see if it would be plausible in my region. The experience was worthwhile, but telling, general behavior of teenagers is universal, they're all annoying. I don't think my patience with any of them would last more than 2 days. I think most of the villagois girls had a good time, but seemingly the "big city" girls were the most troublesome and catty. Needless to say, the general feedback was good, but I think my friends' camp will be even better next year. The general theme of the camp was to help girls stay in school, stay motivated, work hard for a career and achieve your dreams, and wait to have sex. i think the program of the camp was really good, and definitely needed in their region. I'll try to post some pics of the camp tonite or in a couple weeks.

I'm on my way back to village and will probably be there for a few weeks, so emails will be slow in response. Sorry!
Just to let you all know, I feel as if I've really gotten over a hump and my level of contentment has really risen. I'm still frustrated with my counterparts, but I can see plenty of things to do despite their negativity. I'll try keep up the letter writing and stay in touch the best I can. Speaking of letter's, I just recieved one's from Bert and Ashley(Thank You very much!) and an excellent package from Jen and Chris Fuller. Thank YOU guys so much, the MRE's are just what I needed. REALLY.

Happy Birthday to Jen Fuller and Helen Clifford!!!!! Both had birthdays on the 26th of July. Sorry I didn't call, but will try this weekend.

For those folks wanting to send something and are tired of the same ol' thing. Things will protein have always been nice.
I'm a littlel tired of jerky, but if you send jerky please send Jack Link's, NOT Oberto's.
MRE's are good for those military types.
9 volt batteries
protein bars-
M&M's or chocolate things in general
raisins
mouthwash *ahem* Jack Daniels
recent photos are always nice
letter's concerning mundane details of your life are always good.
Peter Pan Peanut Butter with Honey- TOTALLY spoonable.
Crystal lite(or like generic brand) drink packetts are great.
If anyone can package and send me a Chinese Buffet, you'll win the prize for best package(no fortune cookies as a joke, cause then I'll have to kill you)
Old, good books your tired of,
Other than that, surprise me, I like surprises

Hope this catches you all well and happy. Miss you all still and looking forward to see you all in 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home